– Standard shipping from the warehouse is 3 – 5 business days. *During peak/busy seasons, shipping can take up 5 – 7 business days.* NOTICE: In an effort to provide fair service to all of our customers a $25.00 fee for Rush Orders will be applied to all orders that require processing-shipping in less than 3 business days. Expedited UPS shipping may be required and is a separate charge.
– All order prices are an estimate. Actual product prices and shipping fees are calculated after the rock and mineral products are selected and weighed.
– Free freight is available for continental United States customer orders exceeding $900.00, however the $5.25 PER BOX signature required charge (if requested) is not covered on residential deliveries. Orders being shipped via pallet delivery may incur a $50.00 Residential Pallet Delivery fee or a $25.00 Lift Gate Required fee which is also not covered by the free or reduced freight discount. Orders that exceed $700 and are below the $900 will receive a 50% discount on freight charges. **United States customers in Hawaii and Alaska qualifying for Flat Rate shipping will automatically be shipped via United States Postal Service (USPS) and will also qualify for freight discounts providing the items fit into standard USPS flat rate boxes with a $7.50 handling fee attached. Long items may ship in a non-standard box in order to avoid damages (Selenite for instance -“game” boxes that are 11 3/4″ x 24″ long are not recommended as they promote damage). (restrictions apply).**
– Please note that there is a $7.50 handling charge associated with shipping via USPS and FedEx. As of October 22, 2020, FedEx has added a $3.17 per box fee for shipments. We do not offer private pickups nor drop shipping.
We do not take orders for out of stock items but will gladly put you on a call back list to notify you as to when the item has been received back into stock.
– We no longer pay damage claims for orders shipped via the U.S. Post Office. This applies to orders both inside and outside the United States. Per Postal Regulations the RECEIVER is responsible for filing damage claims and is the only one who can receive a claims payment. If you have any questions, please call or write. ALL packages mailed via U.S. Post Office will be insured upon your request. Insurance fees will be added to your invoice.